Hey all π♀️
Today I had a change of scenery and went off the cycleway onto a track (as pictured). The last time I cycled this track ended in disaster π€¬ I ran into mud and got stuck, the worst thing was I had warning with seeing puddles beforehand but too stubborn to turn back, had the compulsion to finish the ride. Long story short after spending at least an hour walking through mud carrying bike as best I could with help from my teenage son we finally made it out of the mud and back onto cycleway to ride home, me in barefeet, lost my shoes in mud. It was freeing despite my poor judgment to make it out. I felt for my son seeing his Mum curse π€¬ He was brilliant didn't get angry or call me stupid just kept his cool and helped carry my bike when I struggled trudging through the mud.
So that's the reason I have avoided this track for sooo long.
The track has become overgrown its more like a single track. I did meet 2 other cyclists and needed to stop to allow them to pass, thankfully the rest of the track was on my own.
Update I've now cycled 56kms, got 154kms to go π΄♀️
Fundraising at $410, still need $787 to meet goal $1,197. If you can help please do any amount would be greatly appreciated πππClick this link https://housetohouse.org.nz/veronica-mckinnon

No comments:
Post a Comment